At Chalfonte House
Epiphany Days: days of relaxation for adults and “marrieds” after the holidays
Snowsports Daze: for teenagers from city and suburb to experience, often for the first time, skiing and snow-boarding at local resorts under the supervision of experienced ski and board instructors.
Artiste Weekend: for those who are inclined to such as musical and culinary arts
Women’s Weekend: for those with life-challenging diseases such as cancer or cystic fibroses to gather with the support of siblings and special friends.
Dads’ Weekend: for those who have experienced the death of the child in the family.
Moms’ Weekend: for those who have experienced the death of the child in the family.
Moms and Munchkins: especially for single moms and for those whose spouses might be away as in Afghanistan or Iraq or unavailable for a host of other reasons.
G.R.O.W. Week (Girls Rule Our World): for adolescent girls to bond with one another and experience the outdoors and a vacation away from home environment
Young Women’s Week (YWW): for older adolescents to bond with one another and experience the outdoors and a vacation away from home environment
First Boys Week (ages 13-16): parallel to the girls above
Second Boys’ Week: (ages 16-20) parallel to the older adolescents above.
Everybody Welcome Fall Days: to work and play
Halloween: occasion to terrorize the locals and confiscate trick or treaters' candy
Christmas Holidays Open House Days at Chalfonte: all kids and growns welcome
- Youth Concerts at Orchestra Hall and the DSO
- Detroit International Fireworks
- Movie nights
- Dinners for families
- Weekends and overnights for adolescents
- WSU –Hilberry and Bonstelle play time
- Detroit Institute of Arts, Science Center and Museum of African American History Parade Company, Federal Reserve, Belle Isle, Eastern Market Mexicantown and many other sorties
- Fall harvest canning adventure
- Thanksgiving Day Parade party
- Holiday Gingerbread House Construction Day
- Tree-Decorating, gift-wrapping party and card-sending party
- Tree-dethronement party